The Neilson Clan

The Neilson Clan

Saturday, February 14, 2009

It was thoughtful, not professional!






Sick or not, today i awoke determined to make Valentines day fun! Growing up, my mom always made Valentines day special. Along with the newly hung decorations, she used to make us huge sugar cookies with our names written across the pink, sugar frosting. They are a diabetics dream... or nightmare! I did not venture to make my family's Valentine's day that special but in rising up our Holiday spirit I made these cards for Logan and Jude. I will confess, i am not the craftiest person. They may look like a recovering stroke victim made them however, i proudly admit it was I that did all the work and I must say, those cards were time bandits! A lot of time, blood(ok, not oozing blood but i really did get a paper cut), sweat and tears went into those damn things! Everything said and done, I am glad that I made them instead of purchasing them this year! Logan said it was the best card he has ever received. In fact, he said that it is the "not so perfect" gifts that have the most thought and character put into them. yeah... i was a little offended by that too but I know what he was getting at and he was trying to be nice. Just kidding, i was not offended. The cards were well received.